Lawrence, Kansas, Friday, May 26, 2006 - The National Frame Builders Association (NFBA) is proud to announce that National Barn Company's Central Division of Fort Gibson, OK successfully completed all steps for recognition in the association's new Accredited Post-Frame Builder (APFB) program.
NFBA created the Accredited Post-Frame Builder Program to recognize exceptional post-frame builders and their commitment to professionalism, as evidenced in key areas of corporate responsibility. Accredited Post-Frame Builders demonstrate that they are good corporate citizens by putting in place policies and programs that ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
To qualify for accreditation, applicants must attend at least 12 hours of post-frame industry specific continuing education at the NFBA annual convention, Frame Building Expo, or at NFBA Chapter events. Accredited builders pledge to abide by the NFBA Code of Ethics and the Accredited Post-Frame Builder's Pledge:
We are proud to be post-frame builders and an integral part of this great industry. As industry professionals, we want our customers and the general public to know that we care about industry standards, quality workmanship, safety and ethical business practices. We want our communities to know that we are dedicated to honesty and customer satisfaction and that we are committed to providing quality service to our customers, now and in the future. We are prepared to demonstrate this commitment through our actions and maintenance of Accredited Post-Frame Builder status.
Accredited Post-Frame Builders also sign a notarized affidavit declaring that they:
- Exercise integrity in all business transactions and stand behind their work
- Attempt to satisfy every customer by any means reasonable
- Comply with NFBA post-frame industry building standards
- Adhere to state and local building codes
- Carry general liability insurance
- Have a written safety program
- Comply with state laws concerning workers' compensation coverage
- Notify all customers of Builder's Risk Insurance requirements